LUNCH AT LE VESUVIO

Monday 12 January 2015

Today was my first day off since landing back in Doha from my holiday.

I thoroughly enjoyed a long lay-in, and had ideas in my head about a lazy day spent in bed as the weather these past few days has been overcast with sand storms. However, when Matt informed me that the sun was shining, we met up outside his place and wandered down to the St Regis to enjoy a morning of sunbathing. It feels like such a long time since my pale face last saw sunshine!

We enjoyed a lovely few hours down on the beach, sheltered from the chilly winter breeze inside a beach pod, before wandering back to get ready for lunch.

We had a voucher for Le Vesuvio, a pretty little Italian restaurant in Katara, so we decided to put it to good use.


Too cold to sit outside or up on the pretty roof terrace, we retreated inside and tucked in to some warming pasta.

The gnocchi with gorgonzola and spinach for me - delicious, creamy and cheesy, just as gnocchi should be!


The lasagne for Matt. This was lovely and full of flavour (may have asked him to smuggle a little corner onto my plate)


It would be rude to go to a restaurant that sells Pizza Nutella and not order it, wouldn't it? Dessert sorted.

Crispy pizza tubes filled with warm, molten Nutella, and dusted with cocoa and icing sugar.



THE VERDICT?

The pasta was really good. I am such a sucker for gnocchi with cheese sauce, and Matt's lasagne was lovely too. The Pizza Nutella was a little too hard and crispy for me, but it still didn't stop me having three of the above tubes!

The restaurant itself is pretty, and I can imagine it would be lovely to sit outside or on the roof terrace in the summer when the wind isn't so biting. The downside was the service was incredibly slow. Being a week day, there were barely any customers, and yet we waited quite a while for a menu and for someone to take our drinks order. Like all restaurants in Katara, Le Vesuvio is a dry restaurant, so again if you like your pasta with a glass of vino, La Spiga in the W hotel is still my most recommended.

With a 20% discount, our bill came to 170 QAR for two main courses, one dessert, and two soft drinks.

Have you tried Le Vesuvio before?



1 comment:

  1. Hi. I am loving the look of that Pizza Nutella. I'm sure gonna try that soon. Please see my post about Le Vesuvio here: http://liveloveandlou.blogspot.com/2014/08/doha-dining-le-vesuvio.html

    ReplyDelete