JANUARY FAVOURITES

Saturday 31 January 2015

Where has the month of January gone? Hard to believe a whole month of the brand new year is already behind us.

Whilst it seems far too long ago that I was sat round the dining table on January 1st, celebrating the New Year with my family in the UK, the month also seems to have flown by since arriving back in the desert. Tomorrow, February will be upon us, so it is only appropriate that todays post is a look back on the products that I have been loving and using religiously during the month of January.




Let's start with this gorgeous Rose Golden Luxury Set from Zoeva - eight beautiful black and rose gold brushes that have completely transformed my makeup routine. Foundation applies like a dream with the 102 Silk Finish brush, the 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek beautifully dusts my cheek bones with colour, and the 106 Powder brush sets my makeup for the whole day.  This set was a Christmas present from me to me, as I had been lusting after it for quite some time after seeing numerous blog posts and vlogs talking about it. I too can't even rave about this brush set enough - not only are they stunning to look it, but they are such good quality, from the casing to the brush hairs. They also come in this gorgeous clutch, which is my new makeup bag. Already a few of my friends have their sights set on purchasing these too - they retail at 65.00 Euros on the website, and the good news is that they ship to Qatar, hurrah!


This Tangle Teezer was a gift from my parents for Christmas (I know that mummy dearest certainly had a say in this purchase!) I have seen Tangle Teezers used by various vloggers before, but had never thought to purchase one for myself, so I was pleasantly surprised to receive this in my stocking. It's absolutely brilliant, and I have been using this every morning post-hair wash to de-tangle and brush my leave in conditioning spray through my hair. Not only is it completely practical, and removes tangles like none of my other hair brushes, but it's so pretty. My mum knows me well and picked this striking pink and black compact styler (RRP £12.25), which has a clip on lid to protect the bristles, but there are a multitude of designs on offer - you can check out their full product line here. World Wide shipping means you can get your hands on these in Qatar, too :)


I raved about Estee Lauder Double Wear recently, as it is for me the best foundation I have used to date. I have been using this non stop throughout January since I purchased it in Boots in the UK (RRP £29.50) at the start of the month, and I'm very pleased to say that I have since spotted an Estee Lauder counter in 4U in City Centre mall for when I run out, although I'm sure this is stocked elsewhere in Doha. The colour match is perfect for me (I wear Desert Beige...appropriately named!), and the consistency blends like a dream, and lasts far longer than any foundation I have used previously, particularly when set with a powder. I also love how luxurious this product feels - even the bottle is a gorgeous, heavy, frosted glass with black and gold engraving. You can check out the full Double Wear range here - I for one am excited to see what else the range has to offer!


I am terrible at describing scents, so all I will say is that Sexy Amber by Michael Kors smells amazing! This was a gift from my brother and sister in law for Christmas, and I've worn it non stop since. The Michael Kors website describes this as 'warm amber wrapped in sandalwood, layered with white flowers', and it really is lovely. This retails online with Boots at £38.50 for the 30ml bottle, which is the perfect size to carry with you in your handbag :)


This final product came as part of a gift set that my BFF Megan very kindly gave me for Christmas, as part of my 'Doha survival kit'! I have been loving body buff creams ever since I started having my nails done at B/Attitude spa in Doha, as the nail techs massage buffing cream into your hands and feet prior to your manicure. This particular de-stress body buff from Calcot Manor smells gorgeous (orange blossom with orchid) - the bottle directs you to massage into damp skin, but gives you the option to rub this on to dry skin before showering for an intensive exfoliation, which is what I like to do for my hands/feet, as it just feels amazing! If you are based in the UK, you can pick up this product individually for £4.99 from Tesco, to give your skin the exfoliating treat it deserves!

So that concludes my January favourites, a list of all of the products I have been using repeatedly and loving throughout the month of January. I have a whole host of new products to trial throughout February and beyond so I am excited to share these with you soon!

Hope you had a fabulous January - I'd love to hear about your favourites for the month so do let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment