HOMECOMING

Monday 29 December 2014

On Sunday, I did a half day at work before heading back to my apartment, picking up my suitcase, saying goodbye to my man and hopping in a cab to Hamad International Airport.


A quick snap of the 'Bear of Freedom', and I was ready to board my flight back to England to see in the New Year with my loved ones.

After a long seven hour flight, curling up on the sofa in my family home with my cat, a mug of mulled wine and one of my mums homemade cupcakes was just what the doctor ordered! All of this in a brand new onesie, of course.


Please join in the debate and leave a comment below if you know what animal this might be!

After a lovely long sleep, I woke up this morning excited for the day ahead. I had planned to take my family out to lunch in St Albans, a lovely cathedral city close to where we live, followed by some shopping.

But first, it was time to finally meet my little nephew Ryan!



He is absolutely amazing! I fell in love with him instantly, and spent the best part of an hour cuddled up with him on the sofa.


After a couple of hours catching up with my brother and my sister in law, and getting acquainted with this little monster munch, they headed home and I begrudgingly climbed out of my onesie, had a lovely bubble bath, and donned my winter-wear ready to face the 1 degree weather outside. England is practically Baltic compared to Doha! Never again will I moan about 20 degrees being cold.

I had booked us in for lunch at Bill's, but due to a gas leak in their kitchen we had to find another lunch spot, so we headed over to Jamie's Italian.


Jamie's Worlds Best Olives on Ice for me (genuinely the worlds best, Jamie doesn't lie!), squid for mum, and pork scratchings for dad to start us off.


For mains, the Jamie's burger for dad, the sausage parpadelle for me (making the most of pork products whilst I can!) and the prawn linguine for mum. All washed down with several glasses of red.



I can't even begin to describe how good it feels to be back at home with my family. 

Several hours later, we emerged slightly tipsy (or at least I did!), and hit the shops. I love St Albans, and it had such a nice, festive buzz about it still even though Christmas has been and gone.


Loaded up with shopping bags, we headed home for a quiet night in with a film and Christmas snacks.

I'd given my parents their Christmas presents over lunch, so once we were home it was time for me to open my 'stocking' presents (I'd opened my main presents from my parents on Christmas day in Doha).


I was spoilt absolutely rotten. I won't go in to all of my gifts, but let's just say my family know me very well indeed!


I also had a lovely delivery arrive today. A little Christmas gift from me, to me...


I got a bit excited and used the silk finish brush this morning when I was getting ready, before I'd taken a photo of it, hence it's not looking quite as new as the rest! Safe to say I am in love with these rose gold beauties from Zoeva.

A wonderful first day back in the homeland, and I'm so excited for all of the fun things planned for the remainder of my holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment