Home: Part Three

Tuesday 15 April 2014

I've landed back in the desert after two weeks at home.

It was amazing catching up with all of my family and friends, and having a complete break from claustrophobic bubble of Doha.

Mum and dad took me to the airport yesterday & we all fought back tears. It's a really emotional time for us all right now with everything that is going on with my dad, and to crown it off we had to say goodbye to our fourteen year old bear Weenie on my last day in England. I like to think she held on until I came home before she was ready to go. She was my favourite little bear so I'm heartbroken that she's no longer with us but have to keep reminding myself that she had a very long and happy life.

PW came and met me at the airport when I landed in Doha - it was so nice knowing I was getting off the plane and going home with him because I didn't want to be on my own after such an emotional day.

I spent my final weekend in the UK with my two best friends from University Megan and Charlie (helloooo Megan!) and Charlie's beautiful daughter Evie.

 

 

Pictures courtesy of Charlie's lovely bf Hass who looked after us so well, supplying us with crisps, dips, and wine before we headed out to dinner and he took over babysitting duties.

We went for dinner at Jamie's and had a good old catch up. The thing I love most about these girls is that no matter how long we haven't seen each other for, we always pick up right where we left off.

 

Next morning, we curled up on the sofa with Evie and watched Aladdin (Evie was more interested in playing with her Disney princesses, whereas I was like a giddy child getting excited about Aladdin - what a great film!)

We said our goodbyes and I headed home for my final night in with my family, and one last infamous Judy roast dinner!

I don't know how I feel about being back in the desert, but I'm going to make the best of being here, as I have a lot to be happy about. The weather is ridiculously hot now, reaching the low forties in the day time. The evenings are lovely and warm so I'm going to finish unpacking and hop down to the pool for a swim :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment