MARCH FAVOURITES

Wednesday 1 April 2015


Let's talk about my March Favourites...only a day late...not bad going for me!!

Only a couple of things I have really been loving this month, and all of them are beauty related, so if this isn't what you're into, look away now :)


DR JULES NABET: REVITAXIN CREAM*
This is a product that I was very kindly gifted by SkINKICKS, an online distributor for a number of cosmeceutical brands hailing from the world over. I wrote here that I was asked to be the guest blogger for the SkINKICKS website, so you can find my full review of this product for their blog here. Everything I have written about this product is the truth (as with all of my reviews) - it's really great. I have been using this regularly as not only a day cream (this product absorbs so quickly and doesn't play havoc with my already oily skin), but also as a night cream. Due to the price tag (this retails at 75.00GBP), I have been trying to wean myself off this at night and stick to using this in the mornings only, to make it last as long as possible! As much as I love it, it isn't something that I could afford to purchase on a regular basis. Luckily, a little goes a long way.


OPI: AN AFFAIR IN RED SQUARE
You may remember that I raved about this nail polish here and also here after getting my nails painted with this stunning colour in Doha before Christmas. When I went home for New Year, my mum and I searched high and low for this in so many shops and couldn't track it down, but my naughty mum then ordered this from the Internet and gifted it to me when I went home at the start of March. Needless to say, it was straight on my toes! I definitely won't be saving this just for Christmas, and it is right up there as one of my very favourite nail polishes. Also I will add, don't believe what reviews online say about 'I'm Not Really A Waitress' from OPI being a good dupe for this. It really doesn't compare.

KIEHLS MIDNIGHT RECOVERY CONCENTRATE
I am a little bit in love with this product, to the point where I actually look forward to my night time routine just so that I can slather this all over my face. I'd read about how good this product is before on various beauty blogs, but it wasn't until Laura wrote a post about it that I decided that I wanted to try it for myself, and as I have said before, that woman could sell a bin bag to me. As I mentioned above, I have been trying to wean myself off using my Revitaxin cream at night, so I was in the market for a new night cream anyway #justification. When I was back in the UK, I conveniently had to pop in to Kiehls anyway as my man has very expensive taste in moisturiser and asked me to pick up a bottle for him. I was also going to pick up a bottle of the Midnight Recovery and stopped myself. I thought, I don't really need this, and backed away from the bottles, patting myself on the back for my epic willpower (despite the fact that I had just about bought everything else from Westfield at Stratford that day...) As I was paying up for Matts moisturiser, the sales assistant handed over three little samples of the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, told me to use 2-3 drops at night and massage into my face, and I left a very happy customer indeed. Samples, especially for skincare, are brilliant, as you want to be sure that the product isn't going to break you out and upset your skincare routine before handing over a lot of money for it. I am so happy to report that this has done no such thing, and I see this is a real asset to my skincare routine. It is a very light oil with a lavender fragrance, that feels lovely to massage into clean skin before settling down for the night. I feel like my skin tone is improving even further, and I wake up with skin that looks healthy and feels plumper, which I can't say I have really experienced before. The samples are lasting me ages too, so a full sized bottle, despite being an expensive outlay, will last a long time.

Have you tried any of these products? Please link me to your March Favourites if you've done a post too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment